Thursday, February 26, 2015

Giving Paper Flowers More Dimension

Paper Flowers Using Cricut's Artbooking & Artiste


I love making three dimensional cards, so I was so excited to find these cool flowers that you can cut out on Cricut's Artbooking and Artiste cartridges, exclusive to Close To My Heart.  My plan is to make a two-tone flower by cutting different flowers that are different sizes and putting the smaller one into the middle of the larger.  Sounds easy enough...right?  Well, it is!


After cutting my flowers out, I rolled them both on a metal skewer (yes, used to BBQ) that was long enough to hold between my knees so I could use both hands to roll tight and work some magic.  Once I rolled them up, I released it to unwind a bit and glued them onto the inner circle with my Beacon's 3-in-1 craft glue.  I left a larger center in the larger flower so I could insert my smaller one into the middle.



After I glued them together I distressed with Tim Holtz ink and fanned them outwards and down a few times, kinda like a deck of cards.  I think my card turned out pretty cute!

Recipe:




Thanks for looking and happy crafting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment